Tuesday, February 24, 2009


I spent part of the weekend painting and some of the time sanding these doors to bare metal, so they have that shiny swirly bare metal look. The doors are actually pretty easy but the jams had a coating of primer already on them and they took longer than I had hoped. They were all installed yesterday and they look great. 
The new space gets some seriously great light in the mornings.  The bright white walls help to reflect it around so that the work area has a soft even glow.  I'm building simple hanging bulb light fixtures for the late afternoons and evenings. I found some cool parts at GrandBrass in Conneticut to use. I'm going with the turn of the century light industrial look that the building itself has.

1 comment:

  1. are you going to do one of your "patented" particle board shelving units? Or maybe this time you could use disoriented strand board.

    ReplyDelete